Saturday, May 14, 2011

Breakfast!

Good Morning to all!!  Let's get breakfast started!!  Always remember that your breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day...it's what gets you going and gives you energy!  I never use to be a big breakfast fan until I realized how important it is...now it's my favorite meal of the day! 

When Jason and I eat eggs for breakfast we usually eat 2 eggs each.  I try to incorporate all the "good" healthy foods to "spice" it up!  Below is a photo of all the ingredients I used for our scrambled eggs this morning.  Start off by spraying your pan, add all cut up veggies and then add milk.  I used 1/4 cup of milk for this recipe.  This helps the eggs not dry out.  Then sprinkle about 1/2 Tbsp of Ground Flaxseed adding a small amount of salt and pepper.  Beat eggs in separate bowl and then add to veggies.  Last step is to add Cheese (1/4 cup) and Crumbled Turkey Sausage (1/3 cup).  Cook on Medium high until eggs look done, then move to medium and simmer.  This makes the entire dish come out juicy and the eggs are moist.  So much flavor and so good!!

I love to eat fruit in the mornings.  Most of my fruit is pre washed and pre cut.  Makes it very easy to just grab and put in a bowl.  This morning the side was watermelon and blueberries along with half of a small grapefruit (sprinkled w/ small amt. of Splenda).

Multi Grain Thomas English Muffin w/ 5 sprays each of spray butter.  And 1 cup (or 8 oz) of Orange juice.  Breakfast was a success!!  I know this seems to be a lot of food, but trust me it is important to eat a big and healthy breakfast.  Happy Cooking and Enjoy!!! 

**Due to eating a late breakfast this morning @ 10am (which is rare) my first snack of the day will be at 1pm.

Ingredients used for Scrambled Eggs

Spray pan, place cut up veggies in pan, and then add milk before adding eggs, cheese and meat.
This is after adding eggs, cheese and meat.  Cook on medium until done.
Thomas Multi Grain English Muffins w/ Spray Butter.

Breakfast is served! 


5 comments:

  1. Hi to all who are visiting!! Very excited to get this blog started!! It's Saturday morning and we ate a little later than our usual breakfast time. I wanted to take pictures of each step for those who are following. I didn't actually sit down to eat until almost 10am, lol! On a regular day we are up between 7-7:30am and are sitting down to eat breakfast between 8-8:30am. On some weekends we don't eat until closer to 9am, but this morning was an exception. I had lots of fun preparing everything and taking pictures. I hope you all enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are putting all your recipes up on this blog! You are an inspiration and have changed what I think about healthy food. It doesn't have to be lacking in flavor at all! I look forward to following you on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jenni! I just really want people to realize that they can eat healthier and still enjoy food and lose weight all at the same time!! Eating 3 meals and 3 snacks a day every 2-3 hours is the key to it all!! My hope is to help and inspire people not to give up!! This no longer feels like a diet for us, this is simply our way of eating and it's so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I love it. It seems so easy, but a lot of food to make you full. I can't wait to try it. I think it might have to be a summer thing for me to start, but I'm very excited about it! Keep the ideas coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been so much fun! Will do :-)

    ReplyDelete